TRENTON, N.J. — Two New Jersey towns are contesting findings from the federal government that they are not entitled to certain Superstorm Sandy debris removal reimbursements.
In a report made public Wednesday, the Homeland Security Department's Inspector General found Little Egg Harbor Township should not be awarded $690,000 because it lacked documentation for those expenses.
Township business administrator Michael Fromsky says the local government was following the advice of Federal Emergency Management Agency officials as it did its paperwork.
The federal government is also objecting to giving Beach Haven more than $4 million that had been earmarked for cleanup there.
Beach Haven officials say they are working on documenting expenses that were reimbursed and the government says should be repaid.
Federal officials are expected to release reports on other towns' aid requests.