Some of the country's most revered actresses came forward on Tuesday with accusations of sexual harassment and assault against Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein.

Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Rosanna Arquette are among the group of female celebrities who told the New York Times they also experienced harassment and assault from the entertainment mogul.

Paltrow said she was 22 years old when she was cast for the leading role in "Emma." Before shooting commenced, Weinstein invited Paltrow to join him in his suite at the Peninsula Beverly Hills hotel for a work meeting. Once there, Paltrow said Weinstein put his hands on her and said they should go to the bedroom for massages.

"I was a kid, I was signed up, I was petrified," Paltrow said.

She said declined those advances and got out of the suite. Paltrow told then-boyfriend Brad Pitt about the incident and he confronted Weinstein. A producer later told Paltrow not to tell anyone else about the incident.

A number of other accusers who spoke with the New Yorker in a separate story said they were assaulted or targeted in the same hotel by Weinstein, who requested massages in many of the incidents.

Jolie said she "had a bad experience with Harvey Weinstein in my youth, and as a result, chose never to work with him again and warn others when they did." Jolie recalled an incident in a hotel room in the late 1990s, but did not provide additional details.

"This behavior towards women in any field, any country is unacceptable," Jolie added.

Arquette, who starred in Weinstein's "Pulp Fiction," and French actress Judith Godreche said they both had similar experiences with Weinstein as Paltrow.

Former aspiring actress-turned-psychology professor Tomi-Ann Roberts, actress Katherine Kendall, and Dawn Dunning all Weinstein also made unwanted sexual advances.

At least 13 women have come forward with allegations of sexual harassment, sexual assault, and now rape, against the Hollywood filmmaker.

The female employees and actresses who came forward in the New Yorker report said the incidents took place between the 1990s and 2015, and were more serious than last week's New York Times story had reported.

Three women said Weinstein forced them to perform or receive oral sex, as well as vaginal sex. Another four women reported he assaulted them by inappropriately touching them.

In total, 16 people who previously and currently work at Weinstein's companies knew about, had witnessed, or been the targets of his unwanted actions. They also said he used professional meetings to begin preying on younger women.

The entire group said Weinstein's behavior was "widely known within both Miramax and the Weinstein Company," according to the New Yorker report.