With Alabama, Kansas State, Oregon and Notre Dame all at 9-0, picking which two teams will play for the BCS national championship could get messy. Here are the top five matchups we'd like to see:
5. Alabama vs. Kansas State » The last time an SEC team didn't win the BCS title game was 2005, when an athletic Big 12 Heisman-winning quarterback led Texas over USC for the national championship. Could Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein be this year's version of Vince Young?
4. Kansas State vs. Oregon » If you like offense, this is the matchup to root for. The Wildcats and Ducks favor the run -- both ranking in the top 20 in the country in rushing -- but they also have formidable passing attacks, too.
3. Alabama vs. Notre Dame » With the top two scoring defenses in the country, this game would likely look a lot like the defensive-minded slugfests the Crimson Tide have had with LSU over the past few years. Plus, it's two of the most storied college football programs in the country.
2. Kansas State vs. Notre Dame » This matchup could feature the top two Heisman Trophy candidates ?-- Klein and Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o. Klein has thrown for 1,875 yards and 12 touchdowns and rushed for 698 yards and another 17 scores. Te'o leads the Irish in tackles and has five interceptions.
1. Alabama vs. Oregon » The Crimson Tide have the top-ranked defense in points allowed (9.1 per game), and the Ducks lead the nation in points scored (54.3 per game). What would be better than seeing the best offense facing the best defense?
- Jeffrey Tomik