There have been a number of back-and-forth "gotcha" moments since the outset of the impasse over a continuing resolution that has shut down the government.
5. Obama White House officials deem turkey chili "essential."
4. "Why would we want to do that?"
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid posed this question in response to a reporter's query about funding cancer research to save a child's life.
3. "This isn't some damn game." — House Speaker John Boehner
2. A weary Rep. George Holding, R-N.C., struggles to stay awake as congressional session drags on.
1. Rep. George Miller, D-Calif., says House
Republicans are waging "jihad" against Obamacare.