Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., said Thursday morning that the Defense Department has yet to provide Congress with a list of drone pilots who were active at the time of the Sept. 11, 2012, attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

Gowdy said his Select Committee on Benghazi requested interviews with relevant drone pilots, but said the Defense Department ignored that request for five weeks.

On March 31, the department agreed to provide a list of names of pilots and drone operators near Benghazi and Tripoli at the time of the attack. But he said the list provided in April was incomplete, and said his committee still doesn't have a list of names.

"The committee needs all of the names so the relevant witnesses can be interviewed and the investigation completed," Gowdy said. "Surely DOD can complete the simple task of finding the people within the chain of command in less than three months.

Gowdy also noted that some of the information the committee has received from the Defense Department so far has been "flat out wrong." A May 6 letter he wrote to Defense Secretary Ash Carter said the department has changed its own timeline of how it responded to the attacks, and said a map showing how forces were arranged in the region had to be redone.

Gowdy has spent months accusing the State Department and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's camp of being slow to provide information about emails she sent from the time of the attack.