Netflix will resume production on a sixth and final season of "House of Cards" in 2018, without the show's star Kevin Spacey, who was ditched by the show after several allegations of sexual harassment and assault surfaced.

Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos announced Monday during the UBS's Global Media and Communications Conference that the show would start filming again, Variety reported.

"We were really excited we could get to an agreement... for the conclusion of the show," Sarandos said, according to Variety.

Production of the Emmy-award winning show was suspended in October following reports of sexual misconduct against the Spacey. Actor Anthony Rapp said in a story published by BuzzFeed that he was 14 years old when Spacey assaulted him.

It's not clear how the show will write out Spacey's character, Frank Underwood, but Variety reported last month that producers were floating the idea of killing him. Robin Wright, who plays Claire Underwood, will star in the final eight episodes of the political drama.