A Pennsylvania man who claimed that a bomb was going to explode near the White House has been charged, authorities said.

Krzysztof Wasik, 44, is charged with threatening and conveying false information about the use of an explosive, according to court documents.

According to charging papers:

Wasik approached the north fence line of the White House at about 4:35 a.m. Wednesday and told a U.S. Secret Service officer that he wanted to speak with President Obama because he was upset about rules and regulations about semi-trucks and fines that he had to pay. The officer told Wasik that he could not speak with the president but that he could try reaching out to an agency that regulates traffic.

Wasik then walked away but returned a few minutes later. This time, he told the Secret Service officer, "I know what it takes to get things done around here. I have a bomb in my truck parked 500 feet from here."

The officer asked Wasik to describe the bomb and give a location for his truck. When Wasik replied that he wouldn't provide that information until he spoke to the president, he was arrested.

Wasik's semi-cab tractor was located at the intersection of Vermont Avenue and H Street NW, in front of the Veteran's Affairs Building. A Secret Service Officer noticed that the keys were still in the vehicle's ignition and broadcast that information over a radio.

Wasik overheard the radio broadcast while in custody and said, "Don't touch the keys in the ignition or else something bad will happen." He also said, "I don't care if children or veterans are harmed by the bomb. I only care about speaking to the president."

Law enforcement agencies searched the semi-cab and did not find any explosives. Roads in the area and the Vermont Avenue entrance to the McPherson Square Metro station were closed for a short period of time but had reopened by 7 a.m., police said.

At a hearing in D.C. federal court Wednesday, Wasik was ordered held without bond. A hearing on Friday will discuss Wasik's mental health, and a detention hearing will be held on Monday, according to a U.S. Attorney's Office spokesman.