Commuters on MARC's Penn Line trains will see changes to the schedule starting March 25, Maryland officials announced Tuesday, with some trains leaving earlier than normal.
The Maryland Transit Administration tweaked the schedule so that more trains would arrive at their designated arrival times, officials said.
"While the overall on-time performance of the Penn Line has been good, there are a few trains that are routinely experiencing delays," the agency's announcement said. "Making these adjustments will improve on-time performance."
Copies of the new schedule can be viewed online on the MTA website, and the agency will distribute paper copies next week.
The changes to the line, which runs between Union Station and Perryville, Md., include, according to the agency:
• In the afternoon, Train 641 (currently the 4 p.m. departure from Martin Airport) will leave 10 minutes earlier, but serve scheduled stops Penn Station and south at the current times.
• Afternoon Train 436 (5:10 p.m. departure from Union Station) will be extended to Perryville, stopping at Martin Airport, Edgewood, Aberdeen and Perryville and will be renumbered Train 536. It will continue to stop at its current stops south of Baltimore (New Carrollton, Odenton and Halethorpe).
• Afternoon Train 538 (5:20 p.m. departure from Union Station) will end in Baltimore and be renumbered Train 438. It will continue to stop at its stops south of Baltimore (Baltimore-Washington International Airport and West Baltimore).
• Afternoon Train 640 (5:25 p.m. departure from Union Station) will end at Penn Station and be renumbered Train 440.
• Afternoon Train 442 (5:50 p.m. departure from D.C.) will operate through Martin Airport and be renumbered Train 642.
• In the morning, Train 425 (currently the 9:40 a.m. departure from Penn Station) will depart 15 minutes earlier.
• Morning Train 427 (currently the 10:50 a.m. departure from Penn Station) will depart 20 minutes earlier and add Halethorpe and Seabrook stops.