A 67-year-old Silver Spring woman has died from injuries she suffered when her clothes caught fire on a stove burner.

The incident happened about 10:45 a.m. Feb. 7, in the 8500 block of 11th Avenue in Silver Spring.

Montgomery County fire officials said Katherine Elizabeth McNeal was cooking in the kitchen when a piece of clothing she was wearing came into contact with the burner and ignited.

The victim's son rushed to her aid after hearing her screams and attempted to smother the flames.

McNeal was taken to a special burn center in critical condition. She succumbed to her injuries on Saturday.