The Navy has identified the seven sailors who were killed when the USS Fitzgerald and a merchant vessel collided off the coast of Japan on Saturday.
The ages of the dead range from 19 to 37. Here are the names and information released Sunday by the Navy:
- Gunner's Mate Seaman Dakota Kyle Rigsby, 19, from Palmyra, Virginia
- Yeoman 3rd Class Shingo Alexander Douglass, 25, from San Diego, California
- Sonar Technician 3rd Class Ngoc T Truong Huynh, 25, from Oakville, Connecticut
- Gunner's Mate 2nd Class Noe Hernandez, 26, from Weslaco, Texas
- Fire Controlman 2nd Class Carlosvictor Ganzon Sibayan, 23, from Chula Vista, California
- Personnel Specialist 1st Class Xavier Alec Martin, 24, from Halethorpe, Maryland
- Fire Controlman 1st Class Gary Leo Rehm Jr., 37, from Elyria, Ohio
The Navy said the sailors were found in flooded berthing compartments by divers after a search. The incident is currently under investigation.