Terrorism charges have been filed against suspect Sayfullo Habibullaevic Saipov in connection to the attack Tuesday in which a truck was driven down a bike lane in Manhattan, taking the lives of eight people.

Federal prosecutors charged Saipov with providing material support to the Islamic State and for violence and destruction of motor vehicles, which lead to eight deaths and a dozen more injured, according to a charging document from the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York.

Saipov's hands were handcuffed and his feet were shackled as he entered the New York courthouse in a wheelchair on Wednesday. He had been shot in the abdomen by a NYPD officer after the assault and was brought to a local hospital for surgery.

The suspect shouted “Allahu Akbar,” translating to “God is Great!” in Arabic, after he crashed his truck into a school bus and walked out with a pellet gun and a paintball gun, according to acting U.S. Attorney Joon Kim in a press briefing Wednesday afternoon. Authorities also said they have established evidence tying Saipov to ISIS.

Trump tweeted about the incident Tuesday evening, committing to keeping ISIS out of the U.S. “We must not allow ISIS to return, or enter, our country after defeating them in the Middle East and elsewhere. Enough!” Trump tweeted.

The FBI also said it was looking for a second person in connection to the Manhattan attack, Mukhammadzoir Kadirov, but officials said Wednesday evening that they are no longer seeking the individual after they had found him. However, the FBI is still seeking information about him from the public.