Thousands of Syrians returned to war-battered parts of the central city of Homs Saturday. They made plans to move back as opposition activists expressed bitterness over the rebels' surrender of their strongholds and vowed they will return.
AP TELEVISION - AP CLIENTS ONLY
++EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: - THIS MATERIAL WAS FILMED BY AN AP TELEVISION CONTRACTOR WORKING WITHIN SYRIAN GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES++
Homs, Syria - May 10, 2014
1. Wide pan left from damaged building to people returning to Homs
2. Various of people walking amongst debris and damaged buildings
3. Wide pan left of damaged buildings
4. Wide of people in city streets walking in debris and ruins
5. Wide of people carrying their belongings through destroyed market
6. Mid of man shoveling dirt from balcony
7. Mid of Bulldozer driving
8. Various of residents in heavily damaged neighborhoods
9. Wide damaged hotel/mall
10. Mid of Syrian flags waving outside hotel
Thousands of Syrians returned to war-battered parts of the central city of Homs Saturday.
Many making plans to move back as opposition activists expressed bitterness over the rebels' surrender of their strongholds to pro-government forces and vowed they will return.
The homecoming came as rival jihadi factions fought deadly battles to the east in an oil-rich region bordering Iraq, the latest clashes between groups trying to overthrow the central government in Damascus.