Visitor records for President Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Fla., won't be released Friday, as a federal judge previously ruled.
Instead, they will be made public a week later, on Sept. 15, according to the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.
"Lawyers for the government have informed us that they will not be able to release the Mar-a-Lago visitor records by the September 8th deadline set by the Court," the statement read. "We have agreed to a one week extension."
BREAKING: The government has informed us that they will not be able to release the Mar-a-Lago visitor records tomorrow. Deadline is now 9/15 pic.twitter.com/Zna0j9UKCx— Citizens for Ethics (@CREWcrew) September 7, 2017
Visitor logs for Mar-a-Lago, where Trump has spent several weekends since taking office, have been a source of contention for months.
"The public deserves to know who is coming to meet with the president and his staff," CREW executive director Noah Bookbinder said in a July statement. The Department of Homeland Security said it would turn over the visitor logs, which would then be posted publicly by the group in September.
Mar-a-Lago could be hit by Hurricane Irma, a Category 5 storm as of Thursday night. The statement did not say whether the delay was due to the storm.
CREW was joined by the National Security Archive and the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University in its lawsuit, which was filed in April. The groups also sued for the White House visitor logs, which have yet to be released. The Obama administration released its visitor logs after similar lawsuits.