Two men are in trouble with television network ABC and possibly law enforcement after they stormed the stage during a live taping of "Dancing With The Stars" Monday night in protest of contestant Ryan Lochte.
Judge Carrie Ann Inaba had been giving feedback to Lochte and partner Cheryl Burke following their inaugural dance together when, out of camera view, the men stormed the stage. Host Tom Bergeron could be heard calling for security. One of the unnamed suspects threw something at Lochte.
By the time security arrived, Lochte and his partner appeared visibly shaken from the incident. The two men were removed from the set though it is unclear whether they were arrested or just detained by private security.
"So many feelings are going through my head right now," Lochte said in an interview after the commercial break. "I'm a little hurt. I came out here and wanted to do something I am completely not comfortable with. I came out there with a big smile and have the best fan support here."
Lochte made up a story about being robbed at gunpoint while in Rio de Janeiro for the Summer Olympics last month. Brazilian authorities later said his story did not add up and Lochte confessed to lying. His turn on the reality TV dancing show is a chance for him to regain trust with the public, he has said.