A seventh suspect in the near-fatal fracas in Edgewood turned himself in Monday, just hours after a judge denied bail to the sixth suspect in the 50-person brawl.
Rakin Raid Muhammad, also known as Rhakeem Mohammed, 17, of Edgewood, turned himself in at the Harford County Detention Center, said Harford sheriff?s office spokeswoman Sgt. Christina Presberry.
He has been charged as an adult with attempted second-degree murder, first- and second-degree assault, and conspiracy to commit second-degree murder, she said.
The Nov. 25 fight occurred outside a house on Eloise Lane, where homeowner Gregory Simmons and two women were beaten while trying to disperse a crowd of as many as 50 people who came to the house to confront one of its residents, according to reports.
Simmons, 44, was stabbed during the fight and remains paralyzed below the waist.
Presberry said she had no information on Muhammad?s connection to four teenage girls and one girl?s mother, who had been arrested and held without bail on similar charges early last week.
The girls had been fleeing from gunfire at the scene and had grabbed bats and knives for self-defense when they were stopped by police, said Havre de Grace resident Bennie Clayburne, who is grandmother to one of the girls, Shamere Germany, 16. Germany?s mother, Natasha Fowlkes, 44, was arrested Wednesday.
"It wasn?t my girls; it wasn?t my granddaughter doing the beating," Clayburne said.
Earlier Monday, a Harford District Court judge denied bail for Greg Nealy, 19, of Edgewood, the sixth suspect, Presberry said.
Nealy was arrested Friday in Bel Air. Charging documents said he beat Simmons with a baseball bat.