"I think it gives Democrats reason to worry going into November."
- Florida Rep. David Jolly after winning a special election
“I think we heard from the Ghost of Christmas Future this week; they’re going to lose the Senate.”
- MSNBC's Chris Matthews talks about the impact of the GOP victory in Florida
“Canadians are so polite, mild-mannered, modest, unassuming, open-minded. Thank God my family fled that oppressive influence before it could change me.”
- Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, jokes during the Gridiron dinner
Save money for health care
"I guess what I would say is, if you looked at that person's budget, and you looked at their cable bill, their telephone, their cell phone bill, it may turn out that it's just they haven't prioritized health care because right now everybody's healthy."
- President Obama
A gift for you
"President Obama asked me personally to deliver to all of you tonight: If you like your rented tuxedo, you can keep it.”
Secretary of State John Kerry jokes about Obama's health care promise during the Gridiron dinner
"I say all the time, I'd rather pass comprehensive immigration reform than win the election in November, because that is the most important thing, the most transformative thing that we can do for our society."
- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi
"I just do want to say that right after I turned 17 and got my New Jersey driver’s license, one of the earliest places I drove was a trip — the only trip I have ever taken was to Hawaii."
- Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., speaking on the Senate floor
Second time's a charm
"You know, America is a great place for second chances. Let's just leave it at that."
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry when asked about his presidential aspirations