The State Department on Wednesday dismissed criticism that President Trump's tough public talk on North Korea is "alarming," and encouraged reporters to focus on the alarming actions by North Korea.

"Let's consider what is alarming," State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said. "What is alarming: two ICBM tests in less than a month, two nuclear tests that took place last year."

"It is a big deal what is going on," she added. "It is a concern to the world, not just the United States. Those are alarming actions, they're provocative actions on the part of North Korea."

When asked if it's acceptable for Trump to talk about bringing "fire and fury" to North Korea, Nauert reiterated the State Department position that Kim's actions demand tougher talk.

"The president spoke to him, to Kim Jong Un, in a language that Secretary [Rex] Tillerson has said, and said this morning, in the kind of language that Kim Jong Un will understand," she said.

Nauert also dismissed the idea that Trump, Tillerson, and others are making different public statements about North Korea, and insisted that the Trump administration is on the "same page" when it comes to the rogue regime.

"The United States is on the same page," she said. "Whether it's the White House, the State Department, the Department of Defense, we are speaking with one voice, and the world is, in fact, speaking with one voice."