State Department officials will withhold two emails from the batch of Hillary Clinton's private records set for release Monday but none because they contain "top secret" material, spokesman John Kirby said.

The agency will withhold one email between Clinton and President Obama, bringing the total number of undisclosed emails sent back and forth between the two to 19. It will withhold another email at the request of an unspecified law enforcement agency, Kirby said, although he noted the email was not classified.

The State Department initially said Clinton had turned over 55,000 pages of emails, but Kirby said Monday the total number of pages actually fell between 52,000 and 53,000. He said the initial 55,000 number was an estimate, and that as State got closer to finishing the work, it became clear the real number was lower, although he didn't offer a precise number.

Kirby noted the agency also plans to release an email dated July 3, 2009, that the inspector general for the intelligence community once characterized as "top secret." The email in question discussed North Korea, Kirby said, and has been "provisionally upgraded" to the "secret" level.

The agency announced in late January that it planned to withhold 22 emails from a tranche published Jan. 29 because they contained top secret information, a move that reignited speculation over whether Clinton and her aides could face consequences for their handling of highly classified material on an unsecured network of cell phones and tablets.

State Department officials are set to publish the remaining 3,800 pages of Clinton's emails Monday evening. The release will bring to an end a months-long process of reviewing and redacting the records Clinton and her legal team turned over to the State Department in December 2014.

The pages scheduled for release Monday were among the most complicated records in Clinton's collection, as each email required approval from at least one outside agency before the State Department could greenlight its release.

The agency began publishing Clinton's emails at the end of every month since June of last year, when a federal judge laid out a schedule in a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed by Jason Leopold of Vice News. That schedule initially compelled the State Department to complete the publication of Clinton's emails by the end of January, before any Democratic primaries or caucuses had taken place.

But a series of bureaucratic delays pushed the final deadline to Feb. 29, sparing Clinton's campaign scrutiny of the remaining emails until after contests in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada.

Marking almost to the day the one-year anniversary of the New York Times story that first broke news of Clinton's private email use, the final document dump is unlikely to end Clinton's legal woes.

A federal judge in an unrelated FOIA case ruled last week that Judicial Watch, a conservative nonprofit, could question Clinton's top aides over their role in setting up the former secretary of state's private server.