South America recently gave the world at large one of its own, in the person of Pope Francis.
Now, the world is giving back to South America, in the person of Lindsay Lohan.
TMZ reports LiLo is heading to Brazil on Wednesday to make a few appearances to promote a clothing line, earning a cool six figures in the process.
Lindsay's been busy before entering a 90-day court-ordered rehab, and she's making her prehab activities as ironic as possible. She's guest-starring as a patient on pal Charlie Sheen's sitcom "Anger Management" -- filming for that is set to take place Monday and Tuesday -- and Saturday, she was reportedly sitting in the VIP section of a San Diego club drinking vodka all night.
TMZ spies say La Linds was wearing a hoodie over a Yankees cap, and requested that her vodka be served from a plain glass carafe so there would be no obvious signs of alcohol on her table. Hey, nothing suspicious there. Everyone drinks water from a carafe.
The new LiLo?
Apparently, piercing her cheeks, being accused in two hit-and-runs and generally acting cray-cray weren't enough.
A source tells E! News that Amanda Bynes' family is concerned for her after she invited rapper Drake, via Twitter to "murder my vagina."
The source says the "All That" actress's family wants her to move home to LA so they can keep an eye on her, but she refuses.
Don't worry, Bynes family. Your little girl may be unrecognizable from her days on "The Amanda Show," but the whole world is keeping an eye on the Amanda show.
Kristen Stewart, Neil Patrick Harris and Sandra Bullock got "slimed" at Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards. Why? I don't know.
"Godfather of Fitness" Joe Weider, who created the Mr. Olympia competition and discovered Arnold Schwarzenegger, died Saturday at 93.
Get me to the court on time! TMZ says Dennis Quaid and wife Kimberly have reconciled but might be too late to stop their divorce from going through.
Liam Hemsworth was photographed walking toward Miley Cyrus' house with a golf club. Was he heading to pull an Elin Nordegren on her?
Tilda Swinton is sleeping in a glass box in New York City's Museum of Modern Art. Personally, we trust Serta for our performance-art needs.
"Imagine that. The guy had a knife in his back for three years. He must have worked at NBC too."
- Jay Leno, after telling the story of a Canadian man who recently had surgery to remove the darn thing. Jay's joke comes amid reports that NBC will soon replace him with Jimmy Fallon at "The Tonight Show" -- and give Seth Meyers Jimmy's current gig at "Late Night."
What the Stars Are Spending
- What Blake Lively plans to drop on a La Cornue stove -- yeah, the thing you boil water on -- for her new house with Ryan Reynolds, the New York Post reports
THE BUZZ ON 'DWTS'
Take the H's out of D.L. Hughley's last name, and you have his dance from last week's premiere of "Dancing With the Stars." No matter how he dances tonight, he'll be the one to go in season 16's first elimination on Tuesday night. Golden girl Aly Raisman also disappointed us out of the box, so she slips from first to fourth in our predictions for the season.
12. Comedian D.L. Hughley and Cheryl Burke
11. Comedian Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess
10. Boxer Victor Ortiz and Lindsay Arnold
9. Soap star Ingo Rademacher and Kym Johnson
8. Disney Channel star Zendaya Coleman and Valentin Chmerkovskiy
7. Country singer Wynonna Judd and Tony Dovolani
6. "Real Housewife" Lisa Vanderpump and Gleb Savchenko
5. "The Bachelor" Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd
4. Gymnast Aly Raisman and Mark Ballas
3. Wide receiver Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff
2. Figure skater Dorothy Hamill and Tristan MacManus
1. Country singer Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough
Happy birthday for March 25:
Actor Kiowa Gordon ("Twilight") is 23.
Singer-actress Aly Michalka of Aly and AJ ("Hellcats") is 24.
Singer Katharine McPhee is 29.
Actor Lee Pace ("Pushing Daisies") is 34.
Singer Melanie Blatt of All Saints is 38.
Actress Sarah Jessica Parker is 48.
Actress Lisa Gay Hamilton is 49.
Actress Marcia Cross is 51.
Actress Brenda Strong is 53.
Saxophonist Steve Norman of Spandau Ballet is 53.
Actor James McDaniel ("NYPD Blue") is 55.
Actress-comedian Mary Gross is 60.
Actress Bonnie Bedelia is 65.
Musician Elton John is 66.
Actor Paul Michael Glaser is 70.
Singer Aretha Franklin is 71.
Singer Anita Bryant is 73.
Movie critic Gene Shalit is 87.