The Clinton Foundation announced last week that it would stop accepting donations from corporations and foreign governments should Hillary Clinton become president. (AP Photo/Matt York)
Trump calls for the Clinton Foundation to be shut down
By
Kelly Cohen
•
8/22/16 9:10 AM
Kelly
Cohen
Criminal Justice Reporter
The Washington Examiner
http://s3.amazonaws.com/content.washingtonexaminer.biz/images/static/authors/HeadshotCohen_Kelly.jpg
Donald Trump on Monday called for the Clinton Foundation to be shut down.
"What they were doing during Crooked Hillary's time as Secretary of State was wrong then, and it is wrong now. It must be shut down immediately," the Republican presidential nominee said in a statement.
"It is now clear that the Clinton Foundation is the most corrupt enterprise in political history," he added.
The Clinton Foundation announced last week that it would stop accepting donations from corporations and foreign governments should Clinton become president.
On "Fox and Friends" Monday morning, Trump reiterated his call for the foundation to be shut down. He also said it should give money back to certain countries.
"[T]hey should shut it down. Number two, they should give the money back to a lot of countries that we shouldn't be taking and they shouldn't be taking money from," Trump said, alluding to countries that "discriminate against women and gays and everybody else."
Trump didn't answer when asked if he thinks it will happen, but emphasized the foundation be shut down.
"These are very greedy people, these are people that have skirted the law for a long time," he said.
Clinton joined the foundation following her tenure as secretary of state in 2013.
Also from the Washington Examiner
President Trump defended his budget blueprint on Thursday in a tweet by saying "without safety there can be no prosperity."
A budget that puts #AmericaFirst must make safety its no. 1 priority—without safety there can be no prosperity: https://t.co/9lxx1iQo7m— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 16, 2017
It's a talking point the administration is pushing. "A budget that puts America first must make the safety of our people its number one priority— because without safety, there can be no prosperity," the White House budget document released Thursday states.
Trump's plan would cut $54 billion from federal agencies to fund defense spending.
•
03/16/17 12:08 PM
Subscribe to Alerts
Learn more about
Washington Examiner's Alerts
The Washington Examiner
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/s3/wex15/img/wex_eagle_large.png
The Washington Examiner
2016
Washington, DC
Politics
2016-08-22
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-calls-for-the-clinton-foundation-to-be-shut-down/article/2599854
2016-08-22T09:10
2016-08-22T09:58
Trump calls for the Clinton Foundation to be shut down
Donald Trump on Monday called for the Clinton Foundation to be shut down.
What they were doing during Crooked Hillary's time as Secretary of State was wrong then, and it is wrong now. It must be shut down immediately, the Republican presidential nominee said in a statement.
It is now clear that the Clinton Foundation is the most corrupt enterprise in political history, he added.
The Clinton Foundation announced last week that it would stop accepting donations from corporations and foreign governments should Clinton become president.
On Fox and Friends Monday morning, Trump reiterated his call for the foundation to be shut down. He also said it should give money back to certain countries.
Politics,News,Hillary Clinton,Bill Clinton,2016 Elections,Campaigns,Kelly Cohen,Donald Trump,Minusextra,Clinton Foundation
http://cdn.washingtonexaminer.biz/cache/360x205-004c3b055b2b3a64a708168060279027.jpg
http://cdn.washingtonexaminer.biz/cache/360x205-004c3b055b2b3a64a708168060279027.jpg
280280
Loading Next Article