The U.S. Embassy in Saudi Arabia has taken down a video that edited out President Trump's remark that he would visit Israel, just minutes after the top Democrat on the House Foreign Affairs Committee said he was "appalled" that the video would be edited and displayed that way.

"I am appalled that the U.S. Embassy in Saudi Arabia disingenuously posted this incomplete and misleading video," Rep. Eliot Engel, D-N.Y., wrote in a letter to Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. "At a time when the United States should be encouraging the governments of the region — and their people — to promote tolerance, respect, and mutual recognition this video implies that the US accepts Saudi Arabia's public rejectionist position toward Israel."

Last week, Trump said at the White House that he would visit the Vatican, and "then Israel." But in a video prepared by the U.S. embassy in Sauid Arabia, those two words, "then Israel," were taken out.

The unedited video of Trump's announcement can be seen here:

The edited video was posted to YouTube by the U.S. Embassy in Saudi Arabia, but removed early Monday afternoon, shortly after Engel's letter.

"I urge you to immediately instruct the embassy to replace the video with the unedited version that includes the announcement of the President's planned visit to Israel." Engel wrote to Tillerson. "This will help restore the U.S. commitment toward peace and the acceptance of the Jewish State throughout the region and the world."

Read Engel's letter here: