Trump campaign touts $21M fundraising haul for final three months of 2018

President Trump’s 2020 re-election campaign said Thursday that it raised more than $21 million during the last three months of last year.

Trump’s campaign made the announcement coinciding with a Jan. 31 deadline set by the Federal Election Commission for year-end financial disclosure reports.

Trump’s fourth-quarter haul was collected via direct contributions and donations from the campaign’s joint fundraising effort with the Republican National Committee. Almost all of the money was “low-dollar” donations, the campaign said in an email to reporters.

“Midway through the first term of his presidency, President Donald Trump continues to deliver on his campaign promises to the American people and they continue to demonstrate their support for him in contributions to his re-election campaign,” campaign COO Michael Glassner wrote. “Significantly, grassroots support for the President has remained both steady and historic, with the vast majority of our fundraising coming from contributions of $200 or less.”

The $21 million in the campaign’s coffers was supplemented by more than $19.2 million cash in hand at the end of 2018.

Related Content