Hillary Clinton said Tuesday that she was "shocked and appalled" by the accusations that Hollywood heavyweight Harvey Weinstein allegedly raped three women and assaulted several others, breaking her silence on the controversy surrounding the Democratic donor.

"I was shocked and appalled by the revelations about Harvey Weinstein," Clinton said in a statement. "The behavior described by women coming forward cannot be tolerated."

"Their courage and the support of others is critical in helping to stop this kind of behavior," she added of the accusers who are coming forward.

Clinton has been slammed by critics for her silence regarding Weinstein, which ended just minutes after high-profile stars like Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie recalled their own alleged abuse at the hands of the producer.

CNN Political Director David Chalian and MSNBC "Morning Joe" co-host Mika Brzezinski were among those who called out the former secretary of state for her absence from the public debate.

"This is just unconscionable to me that people with huge megaphones — even more important because they did receive his donations and have been patronized by him — do not come and speak against this absolutely untoward behavior," Chalian said on air Tuesday.

Clinton's 2008 and 2016 presidential campaigns and her family's Clinton Foundation have received hundreds of thousands of dollars from Weinstein over the years.

Clinton's statement, issued by spokesman Nick Merrill, did not address whether her 2016 campaign would return Weinstein's $5,400 contribution — the maximum amount possible for individuals to give — from its remaining $1 million cash on hand.

The New York Times reported last week on Weinstein's alleged history of forcing women into sex or sexually harassing them in exchange for career advancement over a period of 40 years.