A new batch of Hillary Clinton's emails made public Monday by the State Department indicate the former secretary of state was worried about whether she had overplayed the administration's Benghazi narrative, blaming the attack on a demonstration over a YouTube clip, less than two weeks after four Americans at the diplomatic compound in Benghazi were killed.

More than three years after the attack, Clinton is only now facing questions about how she characterized the raid.

Jake Sullivan, a top Clinton aide, assured the former secretary of state on Sept. 24, 2012 that she had not misled the public on the impetus of the terror attacks nearly two weeks earlier.

"You never said spontaneous or characterized the motives," Sullivan wrote in an email to Clinton. "In fact you were careful in your first statement to say we were assessing motive and method. The way you treated the video in the Libya context was to say that some sought to *justify* the attack on that basis."

Sullivan compiled a list of all the public statements Clinton had made about Benghazi up to that date so she could remember exactly what she had said so far.

Emails sent the night of the attack indicate Clinton did indeed receive updates about the unfolding violence in Benghazi via her private, unsecured email network, contrary to her testimony in an Oct. 22 hearing before the House Select Committee on Benghazi.

Clinton argued last month that she had conducted the majority of her work outside of email and that she had been receiving live updates about the attack in person, not on her private server. When describing her modes of communication she used on the night of the attack, Clinton cited secure phones and the SCIF, or sensitive compartmented information facility used for viewing classified material, in her home.

But Clinton defended the lack of Benghazi updates among her private emails by arguing that most of her communications did not take place over email.

Sidney Blumenthal, a divisive informal aide to Clinton during her time as secretary of state, warned Clinton to "publicly and directly puncture conspiracy fever on Benghazi before any closed hearing, in response to press question that you make yourself available to" in a Nov. 2012 email.

Clinton claimed in the select committee hearing last month that she was unaware at the time that most of the memos Blumenthal sent her were actually written by Tyler Drumheller, a former intelligence official. However, an email released Monday indicates Clinton received emails about Libya that were written by Drumheller himself, including one the day after the Benghazi attack.

Although Clinton was barred from participating in Clinton Foundation events by an agreement with the White House, she evidently looked for ways to integrate her State Department work with that of the Clinton Global Initiative, an arm of the foundation.

"This may be the opportunity to explain what we've tried to do in development and global partnerships," Clinton wrote in Sept. 2012, 11 days after the Benghazi attack, of an upcoming Clinton Global Initiative speech.

Two days later, Sandy Berger, a longtime Clinton confidante accused of smuggling classified material out of the National Archives inside his clothes, praised the Clinton Global Initiative speech two days later.

Clinton faced renewed scrutiny of her State Department interactions earlier Monday after the Associated Press obtained copies of her official schedule through the Freedom of Information Act. The official schedule showed discrepancies between Clinton's private planner and meetins that ended up on the formal calendar.

While many of the planning schedules Clinton kept in her private emails were posted in full, the State Department redacted parts of others on the grounds that disclosing them would reveal "internal deliberations."

In July 2011, Clinton told her staff she "would like to do" a meeting with General Electric CEO Jeffrey Immelt. She reportedly met with nearly 100 executives while secretary of state, many of them donors to her campaign and foundation.

The State Department has now published 66 percent of Clinton's emails, although many have been heavily censored before being posted online.