After facing backlash for pushing unverified reports about the death of former Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich, Sean Hannity has gone "underground" and is considering his future with Fox News, according to a report.
A source told Independent Journal Review that the Fox News host has gone "underground" and is deciding whether he will return to Fox News after Memorial Day weekend.
Hannity said on his Twitter account he was taking his "annual Memorial Day long weekend," which started Thursday.
Uh oh My ANNUAL Memorial Day long weekend starts NOW. Destroy Trump/Conservative media breathless coverage starts! Did Hannity do last show?— Sean Hannity (@seanhannity) May 25, 2017
Fox News also reiterated that his time away was planned.
"Like the rest of the country, Sean Hannity is taking a vacation for Memorial Day weekend and will be back on Tuesday," the network said in a statement. "Those who suggest otherwise are going to look foolish."
Hannity has been at the center of controversy over the last few days for suggesting that DNC staffer Seth Rich, who was murdered last year, was the person who leaked internal DNC emails to WikiLeaks.
The Fox News host alleged that his involvement in the leaks might have led to his death.
After pushing that claim, nine companies have pulled their ads from Hannity's show.
Hannity announced on his show Tuesday that he would not discuss Rich's death until further notice. That followed Fox News retracting its story on the Rich controversy last week.
The source close to Hannity told Independent Journal Review that Hannity has stopped "answering his phone and communicating even with his close friends" while he considers his future at the network.
A spokesperson for Fox News told Independent Journal Review, though, that Hannity has the "unequivocal support of Fox News."