Reports: Flynn’s son forced off transition team

Michael G. Flynn, the 33-year-old son of President-elect Trump’s incoming national security adviser, has been forced off the transition team, according to multiple reports Tuesday evening.

The New York Times and CNN both reported Trump terminated Flynn Jr. in his role assisting his father, but CBS News said he resigned. All of the outlets cited unnamed sources.

Flynn, the son of retired Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, has occasionally tweeted conspiratorial messages, including one over the weekend questioning whether a Washington, D.C. pizzeria had a Satanic pedophilia cult in its basement. That tweet followed a man in North Carolina traveling to the district on Sunday and opening fire in that restaurant. No one inside was hurt, but Michael G. Flynn’s subsequent tweets garnered attention.

“Until #Pizzagate proven to be false, it’ll remain a story. The left seems to forget #PodestaEmails and the many ‘coincidences’ tied to it,” Michael G. Flynn tweeted following the incident.

Vice President-elect Mike Pence refused to answer questions in a CNN interview on Tuesday afternoon about whether he knew a security clearance had been requested for Michael G. Flynn.

“His son was helping him a bit with scheduling and administrative items. But that’s no longer the case. Look, all of our families want to be helpful, and four weeks to the day from Election Day, there has been an awful lot of work to do,” Pence said. “But Mike Flynn Jr. is no longer associated with General Flynn’s efforts or with the transition team and we’re focused eyes forward.”

Related Content