ABC News scheduled a town hall with Joe Biden on the night the second presidential debate was supposed to take place.
The network announced the news on Thursday about the Oct. 15 event after President Trump said that he would not be willing to participate in a virtual debate.
The Commission on Presidential Debates determined earlier on Thursday that the second debate would be held online because of concerns about the coronavirus.
“The second presidential debate will take the form of a town meeting, in which the candidates would participate from separate remote locations,” it said in a statement.
Trump told Fox Business that he was unwilling to participate in a debate with that format.
“No, I’m not going to waste my time on a virtual debate,” he said. “That’s not what debating is all about. You sit behind a computer and do a debate. It’s ridiculous, and then they cut you off whenever you want.”
Trump has also said that he might hold a rally on Oct. 15 instead.
The commission has another debate scheduled for Oct. 22, and both campaigns appear willing to participate in a debate of some form on that date.
