DeSantis: Process for shipping monoclonal antibody doses to Florida underway

Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Tuesday that the process for shipping 30,000 additional monoclonal antibody treatments to Florida is underway.

The governor said he has allocated more than $800 million for rapid deployment of the treatments once they arrive.


“After pressure from Florida, the federal government has begun planning to send 30,000 additional doses to our state, so we can stand up new sites and expand capacity at existing sites,” DeSantis said. “We expect the Biden administration to follow through so Floridians will have access to these lifesaving treatments.”

Tuesday’s word regarding the additional doses comes after the Department of Health and Human Services told the state that its allocation of doses would be 2,000 less than last week and nearly 10,000 less than the state of New York, which has a smaller population.

DESANTIS URGES FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO DIRECT PURCHASE MONOCLONAL ANTIBODY TREATMENT

“Gov. DeSantis has tirelessly advocated for Floridians to receive more life-saving treatments,” said Florida Division of Emergency Management Director Kevin Guthrie. “Through extensive preparation, the division is ready to begin mobilizing additional treatment sites.”

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER

On Monday, DeSantis held a press conference in Fort Lauderdale saying the federal government had stopped sending monoclonal antibody treatments because they may not be as effective against the omicron variant of COVID-19. However, DeSantis noted that after pushing back, HHS said Sunday that it would send the treatments.

Related Content