Fox News host Sean Hannity boasted of having sources who say the U.S. is more than ready to take out nuclear facilities in Iran.
On his show Friday night, as tensions flare with Tehran, Hannity said he and guest Rudy Giuliani likely have the same sources and claimed they are privy to the U.S. military’s plans.
“I want to say this delicately because I have sources that I know are sources you know well. And I know you have been told what I have been told. We know exactly which nuclear sites are the most dangerous and we know the plans have been long drawn up to take them out,” Hannity said.
“And I have been told and I think you have been told, Mr. Mayor, and feel free to go as far as you want to go with this, that it is beyond doable and it will happen if this continues,” he added.
Giuliani, who is the former mayor of New York City and President Trump’s attorney, concurred with Hannity’s assessment, noting that a U.S. strike could set Iran back five to 10 years in their nuclear weapons research and opined that “we should immediately take out their naval capacity so they stop screwing around with the Straits of Hormuz.”
The Iranian Revolutionary Guard seized a British-flagged oil tanker in the Strait of Hormuz, which is an important shipping pass in the Middle East, which led to Jeremy Hunt, the foreign minister for the United Kingdom, issuing a warning of “serious consequences.”
The news of the detained ship came just a day after the U.S. says it “destroyed” an Iranian drone. Tehran denies that the United States downed an Iranian drone. Each government is trying to gain leverage in advance of a prospective negotiation over the regime’s nuclear weapons program and regional aggression. Trump has renewed sanctions on Iran in the year since withdrawing from the 2015 nuclear deal, but Iranian officials have refused to meet with him despite repeated overtures.
Tensions in the Middle East have increased recently. The United States planned airstrikes last month against Iranian facilities after an American drone was shot down. The president, however, reportedly called it off at the last minute, citing possible Iranian casualties.
Giuliani warned that significant military action Iran should be a “last resort.” He also stressed that protests in Iran are “very significant” and predicted regime change as soon as this year.

