Florida man charged for threatening the president: ‘I need Trump cut’

A Florida man is facing federal charges for allegedly making threatening statements against President Trump during an unrelated altercation at Walmart.

Mohammed Omar Haji Mohammed is accused of trying to slash a Walmart employee in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, with scissors during a heated dispute at the service desk. When police responded to the altercation, their body cameras picked up Mohammed yelling in Arabic, according to the Associated Press.

The alleged threats were later translated by the FBI, who said Mohammed shouted, “We are coming for you Trump. We are coming for you with knives. God will send angels to destroy you.”

He also allegedly said, “I need Trump cut. I want to cut, two portions.”

According to the affidavit in the case, an anonymous tipster reported Mohammed to authorities two days before the Walmart altercation for making suspicious Facebook posts. The tipster said Mohammed had “become more withdrawn” and had been “acting strange” since being fired from his job at a restaurant.

“Whoever knows why I came to America wait for the urgent news on television screens and victory is from Allah,” Mohammed reportedly posted to Facebook.

Mohammed was initially charged with aggravated assault, battery against a police officer, and disorderly conduct, but after a review of the body camera footage by the Secret Service, he was also charged Friday with making threats against the president.

The federal offense has a maximum five-year prison sentence and up to $250,000 in fines.

Related Content