Two hours after Iran shot down US drone, Trump told Fox’s Hannity ‘Everything is under control’

What did the president know, and when did he know it?

When a U.S. aircraft is downed by hostile fire in a world hot spot, normally the president is notified immediately.

But when President Trump called into Sean Hannity’s Fox News Channel show from the White House Wednesday night, he seemed uninformed or unconcerned about the downing earlier in the evening of a sophisticated, unmanned spy plane by an Iranian surface-to-air missile.

“Don’t worry about a thing. Everything is under control,” Trump said in response to a question from Hannity about how Trump planned to keep Iran from acquiring weapons.

“Would you say they never get nukes? They never get nuclear weapons?” Hannity asked.

“I would say, if I were you, don’t worry about a thing,” Trump replied.

U.S. Central Command said the U.S. Navy RQ-4A Global Hawk unmanned surveillance plane was shot down at approximately 11:35 p.m. GMT Wednesday, which was 7:35 p.m. EDT, or an hour and a half before the 9 p.m. start of Hannity’s show.

Trump either didn’t know about the incident or chose to keep the information to himself.

Thursday morning he tweeted, “Iran made a very big mistake!”

Related Content