Former national security adviser John Bolton announced that he was resuming his political action committee that works to elect candidates to federal office.
Bolton, 71, made the move public Saturday on Twitter. The announcement comes after a two-month break from the social media platform that he blamed on the White House. Bolton said the White House “never returned access” to his account after he resigned in September.
“Many are speculating about what I plan to do next. I’m excited to tell you what I’ve been working on. Here is a preview,” he wrote with a link to his PAC.
Many are speculating about what I plan to do next. I’m excited to tell you what I’ve been working on. Here is a preview: https://t.co/2vIpB4ys7n
— John Bolton (@AmbJohnBolton) November 23, 2019
According to the PAC’s website, Bolton has endorsed five incumbent Republicans who are up for reelection in 2020. He will contribute a combined $50,000 to Sens. Tom Cotton of Arkansas, Cory Gardner of Colorado, and Thom Tillis of North Carolina. He will also be contributing to Reps. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois and Lee Zeldin of New York.
“The John Bolton PAC and John Bolton Super PAC seek a strong, clear, and dependable US national security policy, resting on constancy and resolve,” Bolton said. “The experience that these incumbent members of Congress have provides them with a remarkable understanding and knowledge of the threats we face from international terrorism and rogue regimes such as Iran and North Korea.”
Since 2014, the PAC has given more than $1.5 million to federal and state candidates. Bolton is a staunch supporter of increasing national security, and his PAC has additionally spent more than $6 million on independent expenditures that support national security.
Bolton was President Trump’s national security adviser from April 2018 to September 2019. He previously was the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations under President George W. Bush from August 2005 to December 2006.
Bolton has been asked to testify for the House impeachment investigation and is seen as a potentially key witness.
Prior to his PAC announcement, Bolton tweeted, “Let’s get back to discussing critical national-security issues confronting America. The threats are grave and growing. The presidency and control of the House and the Senate will all be decided in less than one year. It’s time to speak up again!”
Let’s get back to discussing critical national-security issues confronting America. The threats are grave and growing. The presidency and control of the House and the Senate will all be decided in less than one year. It’s time to speak up again! #JohnBolton
— John Bolton (@AmbJohnBolton) November 23, 2019

