Pence blames Obama for Trump’s heavy work load

Vice President Mike Pence on Sunday blamed the previous administration for President Trump’s recent remarks that being commander in chief was more work than expected.

“I don’t know that he’s found it harder, I think that he has found the range of issues as president of the United States at home and abroad, given the path of the previous administration, to be particularly challenging,” Pence said in response to a question posed by “Meet the Press” host Chuck Todd on NBC. Pence was referring to the administration run by former President Barack Obama.

Todd had asked what the president found “harder” about being president, after Trump told Reuters last week that being president was more work than he anticipated.

“In so many ways the president has said the ‘world is a mess,'” and spent a lot of time in the last 100 days “re-engaging the world” to strengthen ties with allies, while proposing to rebuild the military, Pence said. On top of that, the president is also re-engaging on trade deals from the past that have cost jobs, while domestically “fighting for jobs,” he said.

“We went through a difficult time in the last eight years, but America is back under President Donald Trump,” he said.

Related Content