Would-be Marine discharged over connection to assault at Trump rally

One man who participated in the assault of a young black woman at a Donald Trump rally had been slated to ship off to the Marine Corps.

But it turns out, the Marine Corps no longer wants him, and tweeted as such Thursday night.

A black college student protesting at a Trump rally was assaulted by a group of white men who she said also yelled obscenities at her. A video of the incident on Tuesday, which shows her being shoved in the crowd, quickly went viral.

Joseph Pryor, who said he was a “future Marine” on his Facebook page, reportedly turned a screen grab from the video, where he can be seen yelling, into his cover photo on Facebook, according to the New York Daily News.

The Marine Corps recruiting office posted on Twitter that Pryor had been discharged from the Delayed Entry Program as of March 2.

Pryor had enlisted in 2015, according to reports, but the Delayed Entry Program allows individuals to enlist and be placed in the inactive reserves before shipping out to boot camp at a later date, according to the Marines’ website.

Related Content