Leslie Marshall blames ‘Proud Boys’ for violence against Trump supporters in DC

Published November 16, 2020 7:23pm ET



Liberal radio show host Leslie Marshall blamed the Proud Boys for the violence seen on the streets of Washington, D.C., when asked why Democrats have not condemned attacks against supporters of President Trump.

“I think that President-elect Joe Biden has specifically said that violence is never acceptable, and that’s how I and most Democrats feel. This is a problem from both sides,” Marshall said during an appearance on Fox News. “There was blood on both sides, and the president of the United States, Donald Trump, drove through the crowd on his way to golf. He needs to say something, not stand down to Proud Boys, who were among these crowd goers. Alex Jones, who were among these crowd-goers.”

“But there was blood on both sides,” Marshall continued. “One independent journalist alleges that she was sliced in her ear by a member of the Proud Boys.”

Many conservatives taking part in the “Million MAGA March” in Washington, D.C., an event held to support the president’s election legal efforts, were seen on video being attacked by counterprotesters Saturday.

Ivanka Trump called on the media to cover the violence, saying the lack of coverage was “shameful.”

“The media’s near total silence about the physical violence being perpetrated against conservatives is shameful & dangerous. Just image [sic] the outrage and indignation if this went the other way,” she tweeted. “Violence is never the answer, and instigators must be condemned and prosecuted.”

Marshall agreed with Trump but stopped short of specifically condemning liberal protesters.

“I do agree with the president’s daughter on this, that people need to be arrested and prosecuted if they hurt somebody,” Marshall said. “This is wrong either way and this quite frankly is not just anti-American behavior, it’s not human behavior, and we’re human beings at the end of the day regardless of our political ideology.”

Marshall instead opted to lay the blame for the violence on the president.

“There’s a number of things here,” Marshall said. “One thing is personal responsibility, personal choice and personal behavior which the people out there, adults, on both sides need to do. But one adult in the White House needs to concede, needs to tell the people that there is no fraud in these elections and then perhaps, some of these protests will stop.”

She went on to say that left-wing protesters should realize that Biden had already won the election.

“On the left, they need to just stop, because they won the election,” Marshall said. “Stand back and do what the vice president and president-elect has spoken about, which is unite. We can’t unite this nation with that type of behavior.”