A French court was asked on Tuesday to halt further publication of topless photos of Prince William’s wife Kate Middleton, calling them an invasion of their privacy.
On Monday, the Italian gossip magazine Chi published a 26-page spread of photos of Kate without her swimsuit top. An Irish tabloid published more Kate topless photos over the weekend, drawing a vow from Ireland’s justice minister to revise privacy laws there.
The photos in question show the Duchess of Cambridge relaxing during a holiday at a private villa in Provence, sometimes without her bathing suit top and, in one case, her suit bottom partially pulled down to apply sun screen.
William’s St. James’s Palace called the publications of the photos a “grotesque” invasion of the couple’s privacy.
The royal couple’s lawyer, told the French court Monday that he is seeking $6,550 in damages from Closer and an injunction forcing the magazine to stop publishing the issue with the photos. He also asked the court to fine Closer $13,100 a day for each day the injunction is not respected, and $131,000 if the photos are sold.
Amanda’s car impounded by police
Amanda Bynes had another run-in with the law when she was pulled over for driving on a suspended license by a Southern California airport.
Burbank’s Bob Hope Airport spokesman says airport police cited the actress and impounded her car Sunday.
He said that “police did cite Amanda Bynes for driving a vehicle with a suspended drivers license.”
Amanda’s driving privileges had been suspended after she was charged with hit-and-run in connection with two traffic crashes.
Los Angeles prosecutors accused Amanda of leaving the scene of two accidents, one on April 10 and another on Aug. 4, without providing proper information. The first incident occurred just days after she was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
She has pleaded not guilty in that case. – AP
