‘We must not allow this’: Jon Voight says he’s ‘disgusted with this lie’ that Biden won the election

Published November 11, 2020 6:04pm ET



Actor Jon Voight shared a video on Twitter saying that he is “disgusted” with the “lie” that former Vice President Joe Biden won the presidential election and accused “leftists” of trying to “tear down this nation.”

“My fellow Americans, I stand here with all the feel as I do, disgusted with this lie that Biden has been chosen, as if we all don’t know the truth,” Voight said in the nearly two-minute video posted on Tuesday night in response to voter fraud concerns in last week’s election. “And when one tries to deceive, we know that one can’t get away with it. There will be a price to pay.”

Voight continued: “The ones who are jumping for joy now are jumping toward the horror they will be in for because I know that the promises being made from the Left to the American people will never come to be. My friends of all colors, races, and religions, this is now our greatest fight since the Civil War. The battle of righteousness versus Satan. Yes, Satan. Because these leftists are evil, corrupt, and they want to tear down this nation.”

“We must not allow this,” Voight added, urging his followers to “fight this corruption.”

Voight’s video was viewed 1.7 million times as of midday Wednesday.

Twitter placed a warning on Voight’s video, reading, “This claim about election fraud is disputed,” and it linked to a message stating, “Voter fraud of any kind is exceedingly rare in the US, election experts confirm.”

The 81-year-old actor, who won the Academy Award for “Best Actor” for his performance in the 1978 film Coming Home, has been one of the few voices in Hollywood supporting President Trump throughout the last few years.

Earlier this year, Voight referred to the impeachment of Trump as a “disgrace to mankind.”