U.S. Marshals officials are looking for a man wanted for allegedly molesting two girls at a park in Greenbelt.
Sean Robert O’Brien, 43, is wanted by Maryland Park Police in Prince George’s County on two counts of child sex assault for an incident that allegedly happened at Lake Artemesia about Aug. 10. The victims in this case were both under the age of 11.
Recommended Stories
O’Brien has a previous conviction for two counts of indecent exposure in Pennsylvania in the early 1990s, authorities said.
“We need help in locating O’Brien quickly to prevent him from having further inappropriate contact with kids,” said Supervisory Inspector Matt Burke, of the Capital Area Regional Fugitive Task Force.
Authorities are concerned that O’Brien could end up staying with someone with children while he is on the run, Burke said.
O’Brien works as an independent contractor doing computer/IT work, police said. He also is known to house sit for people he meets, and the nature of his work allows him to move around easily.
O’Brien was living on Hartwick Road in College Park and has strong ties to D.C. and Pennsylvania.
He is listed as being 5-foot-11 and 175 pounds.
Anyone with information can call the task force at 301-489-1717.
Tips from readers of The Washington Examiner have led directly to the arrests of 45 fugitives, including eight convicted murders or people wanted for murder. In June, an alert reader spotted a convicted kidnapper, who had been on the run for two years, staying at a resort in the mountains of Western Maryland.
The task force, run by the U.S. Marshals Service, is composed of 30 federal, state and local agencies from Baltimore to Norfolk.
The unit has captured more than 33,000 fugitives since its creation in 2004.
